Dinesh Varadharajan is the Vice President at OrangeScape, a Chennai-based SaaS application platform. At OrangeScape, he leads the product management team that looks after the company’s flagship workflow product KiSSFLOW.
Dinesh is a hands-on executive with a wide range of experience working with bleeding-edge technologies, developing great products and mentoring highly productive teams. He has profound knowledge in design and technical implementation of BPM solutions.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about KiSSFLOW´s history?
Workflow is such a common problem not just for enterprises but also for quite a lot of small and medium businesses (SMBs). All the BPM tools available in the market are very complex for process owners to manage. It also requires BPM consultants for implementation who are very expensive. SMBs can’t afford these BPM tools.
KiSSFLOW tries to bridge this gap. It’s very simple for the business users to manage and quite affordable for the SMBs. We launched the product in 2012, and in the last 5 years we have acquired more than 10,000 customers in around 110 countries. The customers vary from Fortune 500 to thousands of SMBs.
2. We all agree that Eastern Europe is an emerging and very interesting market for BPM and workflow solutions vendors, but why right now is the right time for KiSSFLOW? What kind of projects are your target in this market?
Eastern Europe is an emerging market and businesses there are facing growth related challenges. There is intense competition in growing economies and process automation can give the businesses a clear competitive advantage with improved efficiency, reduced cost, and better organizational agility.
We already help lot of businesses grow faster in Eastern Europe and we understand the expectations. We have a well-rounded product which helps the businesses automate their process with less effort and cost. With KiSSFLOW, businesses will not spend months but days to automate their business processes.
3. Could you tell us a little bit about your partner program and what are you waiting for in this part of Eastern Europe?
KiSSFLOW Partner Program consists of three levels:
1) Affiliate Partners – This is ideal for partners whose core line of business is business consulting, business process re-engineering, etc. They encounter customer requests for implementation of their recommendations using a software and that’s where KiSSFLOW fits in. The business engagement between the partner and KiSSFLOW is on a case-to-case basis. KiSSFLOW compensates the partner with a non-recurring referral fee.
2) Authorised Partners – This is ideal for partners whose core line of business is re-selling third party software. Ideally, these partners carry a portfolio. Ideal partners are those who resell Google’s G-Suite and Microsoft’s Office 365. This is the entry level of a strategic partner engagement with KiSSFLOW. We compensate the partner with a recurring sales commission.
3) Premier Partners – After the first year of partnership, authorized partners are evaluated for their business performance with regards to defined goals. Those who have done well are upgraded to this level of partnership. KiSSFLOW provides an enhanced commission structure for this level of partners.
In Eastern Europe, language and local presence will help us in acquiring and supporting our customers better.
4. In this region of Europe the modernization of governments, a better relations with citizens, and smart cities are a priority. So, how can your workflow solution help the improvement of Public Administrations?
Government IT modernization is a great step forward. KiSSFLOW helps the government agencies in reducing approval delays and also improves transparency for citizens. It also helps the government agencies to analyse process data, re-engineer the workflow, and improve the efficiency of their functions.
A few state governments in the US and many other the government agencies around the world are already using KiSSFLOW to automate their business processes. We adhere to strict data safety measures and certifications to safeguard government data because information security is of paramount importance for us when dealing with citizens records.
5. In your opinion, what are the steps that a small company should complete to go to a digital business with the help of a BPM solution? What are the processes that it should automate first?
Small businesses can start with automating their core business process which will give them immediate ROI and competitive edge against their direct competitors. For example, a tourism agency can automate their customer registration and complete itinerary management using KiSSFLOW as a first step before automating any of their auxiliary processes in HR and Finance. KiSSFLOW will provide them with detailed analysis which will help to continuously re-engineer the process and improve their efficiency.
6. What’s next for KiSSFLOW?
KiSSFLOW’s roadmap is driven by our customers and they are the ones who request for new features and they have an option to vote for other features as well. The most rated feature becomes our priority.
The next one year is going to be very exciting for us as we are embarking on a journey to add major features that will help our customers create very complex applications without sacrificing the simplicity of the product.